Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Year Later

It is hard to believe that it has been a year since I said goodbye to the Sangam World Centre team and the amazing Green Tara Foundation family.   

In the Bridger-Teton National Forest
It has been an interesting 365 days since I landed back in Atlanta. There have been up moments and down moments but I think its been a year filled with mostly the up moments. I have had wonderful times with my family, my friends and my lovely Lime Green Giraffe staffers. I even spent a week this past summer helping my sister with her PHD research and survived horseback riding, bee stings and a carb rich diet. 

A year later, I am determined to stay true to the reason that I went to Sangam; the conscience desire to make deliberate decisions about my life. I have not opened the letter I wrote to myself during my final days at Sangam. It arrived here last fall. Maybe I will open it someday. Maybe I will open it when I feel that the impact of my experience as a Sangam Community Program participant has ended but then that moment may never come. 
I believe the places where your soul is still at the critical moments of your life will change you forever. My experience as a Community Programme participant radically changed the way I saw my world. I cant thank my fellow Tare, the staff at the Sangam World Centre and beautiful girls of the Green Tara Foundation enough. I owe you one. 



For more on the Sangam World Centre Community Programme click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment